While I love all aspects of the art of hair, I most enjoy creating looks with cut and color for my clients. Another of my favorite things is customizing wigs and hairpieces for individual clients.
Maintaining the integrity of every client’s hair while achieving optimum results is my priority and motivates me to use Color.me by Kevin Murphy color, carefully selected Color Proof care and styling products and quality wigs and hairpieces that are comfortable and fun to wear.
Beyond cuts and colors for men, women, and children, I offer highlights, ombre color, dimensional color, facial waxing, brow tint, styling for special occasions, as well as deep conditioning, clear shine gloss, keratin hair treatments, and ear piercing. Check out my service menu for more details, or make an appoint on schedulicity.
My Experience & Education
Even with years of experience under my belt, I’m a firm believer in continuing education to improve any level of expertise. Trainings and workshops serve not only to learn new techniques but also keep me informed of cutting edge styles and trends. Trekking to bigger cities for courses and workshops recharges my batteries and gets me excited about this field all over again. It’s my goal to attend advanced academies in major cities every other year and attend classes, shows, and workshops regionally as often as I can. Check out some highlights from my past training below:
- Degree in Hairdressing from Jerry’s School of Hair Design in 1993, Columbia, MO
- Cutting Class with Toni and Guy, St. Louis, MO
- Wella Cut and Color Class with “The Doves” at The Studio, Rockefeller Center, NYC
- Creative Cutting at Vidal Sassoon Academy in Chicago, IL
- Cutting, styling & directional cutting techniques with Wayne Grund in Omaha, NE
- Aquage Academy with Eric Fisher and Luis Alvarez, Chicago, IL
- Hand-painting hair color at Wella Studio, Los Angeles, CA
- Hotheads Certification
- Color.Me by Kevin Murphy training
- Color Proof Envoy team member
- Fitting, cutting and styling hair-pieces and wigs, Hair U Wear training, Kansas City, MO
- Keratin Complex Certification
When I’m not at the salon, I spend my time in Columbia, Missouri with my husband Bryon and our fur babies.